Pick Up/Drop Off
Before and After School:
To ensure the safest possible environment and an efficient flow of traffic during the busiest times please follow the guidelines listed below:
- The parent parking lot is for parking only. If you enter this area you will need to leave your car to get your child. No Parking in the pick-up/drop-off lane and stay in your car – do not leave your car unattended in the pickup/drop off lane. Your child will be brought to the car after you pass the cones.
- Do not cross Fifth Street at DeKalb.
- Always pull as far forward as possible to allow other cars to enter the child-loading zone.
- Only cross where there is sidewalk and Safety Patrols. This may mean a little more time and a few more steps but it is a matter of safety.
- Do not use the Filling Station Restaurant's parking lot – we should be respectful this is a business that needs the use of their own parking lot for their own patrons.
- When leaving the Pickup/Drop Off Lane it is quicker to avoid turning left onto Stark Street and instead turn right, left on 5th THEN, left onto Stueben or Hamilton.
- All students waiting for a ride home need to wait near the Pickup/Drop off area.
- Any student not picked up by 3:45 p.m. will be brought to the main entryway to wait for their ride.
Thank you for your patience and flexibility.